- Type of roofing/material
- Vents/Interior Siding
- Doors/Windows/Garage Door
Ask yourself questions about each item and score your home using the FireSmart Home Assessment
- Have you discussed wildfire damage and loss with your insurance provider?
- Is your roof in poor condition?
- Is your chimney clean?
- Is the area within 10 metres of buildings free of flammable trees, other vegetation and combustible materials?
- Are large capacity propane tanks within 10 metres of buildings? Are they clear of vegetation?
- Is fire suppression equipment readily available? Shovels, rakes, buckets and hoses should be easily accessible.
- Are overhead power lines clear of vegetation? Contact your service provider for assistance with removing trees in close proximity to utility lines.
Contact Whistler Resort Municipal Fire Smart Department if you have further questions. Be aware of the fire rating and schedule your Free FireSmart home assessment: www.whistler.ca/services/