This Summer - Be FireSmart! Some helpful tips to be fire smart and reduce the risk of wildfire on your home:Posted by Denise Brown PREC on
1. Assess Your Risk - review your home & yard, look at:
- Type of roofing/material
- Vents/Interior Siding
- Doors/Windows/Garage Door
Ask yourself questions about each item and score your home using the FireSmart Home Assessment2. Consider the following while reviewing: For Your Home
- Have you discussed wildfire damage and loss with your insurance provider?
- Is your roof in poor condition?
- Is your chimney clean?
- Is the area within 10 metres of buildings free of flammable trees, other vegetation and combustible materials?
- Are large capacity propane tanks within 10 metres of buildings? Are they clear of vegetation?
- Is fire suppression equipment readily available?…
588 Views, 0 Comments