Things to do Prior to CompletionIf applicable and specifically prepared for Whistler properties bought and sold.
Don’t forget to ……
- Contact Telus at 1-604-310-2255 to transfer/cancel the telephone, internet or Optik TV
- Contact Strata Management Company to organize or cancel monthly payment of fees
- Contact Tourism Whistler to organize payment/cancellation of annual Tourism Whistler fees 1-604-932-3928
- Contact Shaw Cable at 1-604-932-1111 to transfer cable service; Bell ExpressVu to transfer satellite service 1-888-SKYDISH or 310-BELL; Contact Starchoice to transfer satellite service 1 866 STAR-WEB (7827-932)
- Contact BC Hydro at 604-224-9376 or 1-800-224-9376 to transfer services; Contact FortisBC (natural or propane gas) at 1-888-224-2710 or 1-250-979-4900 to transfer services
- Contact the Resort Municipality of Whistler to confirm property transfer and organize payment of annual property taxes.
- Organize/cancel deductible, personal contents & comprehensive insurance as at the date of possession (Cooperators Insurance 1-604-938-6100)
- Organize forwarding of mail through CanadaPost and the collection of the mailbox keys
- Change address for magazine/newspaper subscriptions; driver’s license; bank statements; bills; vehicle registration and voter registration
- Organize garage door openers, parking pass keys, change locks and/or keys for personal security OR organize for delivery of keys to my office. Contact Jeff McKenzie, Blackcomb Lock and Key, 1-604-932-5397
- Contact any tenants to advise of your new ownership and arrangements for the payment of rent
- Organize for the continued maintenance or cancellation of any private outdoor hot tubs and monitoring of your home security system.
- Non-Resident Sellers: organize with your Canadian accountant or lawyer upon receipt of an accepted offer to begin the process of obtaining your Clearance Certificate from Canada Revenue Agency
- Nightly rental properties: organize HST Tax registration prior to completion. Discuss this with your lawyer or accountant.
Thank you for your Whistler business – I appreciate it!Posted by Denise Brown on
Leave A Comment