CREA Homebuyers’ Road Map
The CREA Homebuyers’ Road Map was written by your Realtor and the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada is a checklist of items to go through when purchasing a Whistler property including:
- Assess Your Financial Readiness: What do lenders require? Have you been pre-approved for a mortgage? Do you know your credit rating? And other tips.
- Consider Your Mortgage Options: What type of mortgage is best for you? What mortgage features are best for you? How often can you make your payments? What types of mortgages charges might you have to pay? How much do you need for your down payment?
- Do you need Mortgage Default Insurance? (eg CMHC mortgages?)
- Research Government Programs: First-Time Home Buyers’ Tax Credit? Home Buyers’ Plan (RRSP withdrawals)? CMHC Green Home Program? Other government programs?
- Finding a Home: Where do you want to live? What type of home do you prefer? What are the types of ownership?
- Making An Offer on a Home: What is an offer? Do you have your money ready? Do you have up-to-date identification?
- Closing and Related Purchase Costs: How much is the Property Transfer Tax? How much are the legal fees? Do I need a Home Inspection? What other costs should I expect
The Homebuyers Roadmap can be downloaded HERE
As your Professional Whistler Realtor, I am experienced in everything you need to know and do when buying a Whistler home including:
- Navigating the home buying process and paperwork from start to finish, ensuring everything flows smoothly without any surprises.
- Finding you the right home, in the neighborhood you want, at a price you can afford.
- Compare your property with similar properties that have sold over the past year.
- Get a feel for the neighborhood including schools, parks and other amenities.
- Find out if you are eligible for government homeownership incentive programs.
- Assess mortgage products and different types of lenders to see what fits your needs.
- Negotiate purchase price and contract terms, such as date of possession, required repairs, including furnishings or equipment.
- Direct you through the complex contracts.
- Find qualified industry professionals, such as real estate lawyers, home appraisers and home inspectors.
- Plan for closing costs and other related expenses.
And you can call me anytime with these or any other Whistler real estate questions at 1 604 935 2013.
Have a great day!
DenisePosted by Denise Brown on