Best Practices Right Now For Selling Whistler Real Estate
Early May there has been an increase in the number of people looking online at properties and an increase in inquiries. Offers are being written.
This week a home I listed on April 30th at 6452 St Andrews Way went under contract. Amid the restrictions of COVID-19 information was
sent to our websites & syndicates
social media friends
network of over 5,000 Realtors
our list of over 3,500 potential buyers
our Lower Mainland connections.
Detailed information packages including the 3D matterport tours, professional photography, custom floorplans, the Municipal documents, a building inspection and information on the most recent updates, home staging, furniture and appliance inclusions.
9 qualified buyers went through my comprehensive health & financial pre-quaifications prior to viewing the home
I received 3 offers
1 has been accepted
we are working our way through the subject conditions.
Conditions are due to be removed May 25th.
If you are wondering if you should go on the market now or in the fall
1. If you are already listed for sale, stay on the market as buyers are looking.
2. Have your Realtor do due diligence before negotiating contracts.
does your Realtor have a relationship with their Realtor?
do they have a home to sell?
are they motivated to buy?
are they pre-qualified for financing?
are they sincere?
have they researched and reviewed everything about the property?
do they know the market?
3. Be prepared to be on the market slightly longer than you anticipate.
4. Be priced well. Buyers' aren't viewing overpriced properties.
5. Be prepared to negotiate. Your property may be in the price range that has lot of competing properties wanting to be the next sold.
6. Staging, painting, home maintenance, packing DOES add value - whether it increases your final price or decreases your time on the market. It works!
7. If you are wondering if you should list now or in the fall.... list now as we have good market knowledge. I am not a clairvoyant and can't predict the future, however, based on other 10 year cycles, the values have gone down after a peak period.
If you want more specific information about your property or this recent sale, call my personal cell at 604-902-2033
Become a VIP to get regular market updates and information on properties before they come on the market